Saturday, April 23, 2011

Leaving on a jetplane...

Silly Boys


The Thomas Family took a trip to the west coast! I had to fly solo to San Francisco with the boys because Dennis was already there for business.


The boys were fantastic on the airplane, I could not have asked for better behavior!

Thank you Leyton and Redding.


Also, thank you Trader Joe's and Whole Foods for the wonderful snacks. And thank you Sarah Markwell for the Leapster. And thank you matchbox and hot wheels for entertaining my sweet boys for 7 hours on an airplane. And THANK YOU car seat for making Redding feel safe when he was about to have a meltdown.


I was hesitant about taking Redding's car seat on the airplane because I had so much stuff to carry already (READ: Diaper bag, purse, car seat, stroller, carry on, Leyton's backpack). As we arrive at the gate, Redding did not want to get on the airplane. Complete meltdown at the door of the airplane. Imagine me with my hands full of ...stuff, trying to get us all on the plane. And Redding is melting, melting down. Finally, we get on the airplane, I get the car seat strapped in (Redding still screaming, people staring) and the only thing that calmed him down was "my seat, my seat, my seat".


Thank you, car seat. You saved my life that day!

Hopefully, you will never have to save another one.

No comments: